Welcome to Salford Priors. We are situated in the south west corner of the county of Warwickshire in England, almost as far from the coast as you can get.
The parish comprises seven main settlements: Abbot's Salford, The Bevingtons, Dunnington, Iron Cross, Pitchill, Rushford and Salford Priors. The largest of these settlements is Salford Priors.
The parish is situated almost midway between the towns of Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Redditch. The settlements are situated in open farmland where the main crops are vegetables, in particular asparagus and salad onions.
There are several Grade II listed buildings located mainly in the conservation area along Evesham Road and Station Road in Salford Priors. There are others in the parish at Pitchill, Dunnington Farmhouse, Wood Bevington Manor and Cock Bevington Farm House. St Matthew's Church in Salford Priors, originally Anglo Saxon, and Salford Hall in Abbots Salford, once a Jacobean nunnery, now a hotel and conference centre, are both Grade I listed buildings.
The parish comprises about 600 properties housing, some 1,240 adult residents and about 270 children. Many families have lived in the parish for several generations.
For visitors, in addition to the Church and listed buildings, a major attraction is the network of footpaths which traverse the parish and enable walkers to really 'get away from it all'! The Parish Council publishes a booklet showing the paths and this can be obtained on request from the Clerk.
What's New on this Website
- 22/04/16: Events - Annual Parish Meeting.
- 22/04/16: Agenda - for the Annual Parish Meeting on 27 April 2016.
- 22/04/16: Minutes - from March's Parish Council meeting.
- 18/04/16: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting in April 2016.
- 30/03/16: Minutes - from February's Parish Council meeting.
- 30/03/16: Notice - upcoming vacancy for Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer.
- 30/03/16: Notice - election of Police and Crime Commissioner for Warwickshire area.
- 30/03/16: Working Groups - names of Council appointees to various groups.
- 30/03/16: Documents - application forms for employment within the Parish Council.
- 30/03/16: Newsletters - March's Parish Council Newsletter.
- 30/03/16: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting in March 2016.
- 02/03/16: Local Groups - updated contact details for Salford Priors Royal British Legion.
- 02/03/16: Minutes - updated minutes from January's Parish Council meetings.
- 02/03/16: Events - Photos and Memories of Days Past in Salford Priors.
- Previous updates
This website was last updated on 22 April, 2016