Warwickshire Police & Crime Commissioner wants to hear your views on policing
Warwickshire Police & Crime Commissioner Philip Seccombe has launched a summer-long public consultation to find out people's views on policing and community safety. People can respond to the survey online at www.warwickshire-pcc.gov.uk or call 01926 412322 to request a hard copy printed version. The consultation closes Friday 26th August 2016
Welcome to Salford Priors. We are situated in the south west corner of the county of Warwickshire in England, almost as far from the coast as you can get.
The parish comprises seven main settlements: Abbot's Salford, The Bevingtons, Dunnington, Iron Cross, Pitchill, Rushford and Salford Priors. The largest of these settlements is Salford Priors.
The parish is situated almost midway between the towns of Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Redditch. The settlements are situated in open farmland where the main crops are vegetables, in particular asparagus and salad onions.
There are several Grade II listed buildings located mainly in the conservation area along Evesham Road and Station Road in Salford Priors. There are others in the parish at Pitchill, Dunnington Farmhouse, Wood Bevington Manor and Cock Bevington Farm House. St Matthew's Church in Salford Priors, originally Anglo Saxon, and Salford Hall in Abbots Salford, once a Jacobean nunnery, now a hotel and conference centre, are both Grade I listed buildings.
The parish comprises about 600 properties housing, some 1,240 adult residents and about 270 children. Many families have lived in the parish for several generations.
For visitors, in addition to the Church and listed buildings, a major attraction is the network of footpaths which traverse the parish and enable walkers to really 'get away from it all'! The Parish Council publishes a booklet showing the paths and this can be obtained on request from the Clerk.
What's New on this Website
- 16/07/16: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting in July 2016.
- 14/07/16: Parish Office - revised Parish Council Office opening hours.
- 02/07/16: Minutes - from June's Parish Council meeting.
- 02/07/16: Contact Us - contact information for the new Clerk to the Council.
- 02/07/16: Notice - the appointment of a new Clerk for Salford Priors Parish Council.
- 02/07/16: Neighbourhood Plan - Basic Conditions Statement and Consultaton Statement.
- 02/07/16: Minutes - from May's Parish Council meetings.
- 24/06/16: Finance - Accounts Statements, Declaration and Inspection Notice for 2015/16.
- 24/06/16: Documents - an extract from the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
- 03/06/16: Annual Reports - 2015/16 report from the Chair of Salford Parish Council.
- 03/06/16: Newsletters - June's Parish Council Newsletter.
- Previous updates
This website was last updated on 16 July, 2016