Welcome to Salford Priors. We are situated in the south west corner of the county of Warwickshire in England, almost as far from the coast as you can get.
The parish comprises seven main settlements: Abbot's Salford, The Bevingtons, Dunnington, Iron Cross, Pitchill, Rushford and Salford Priors. The largest of these settlements is Salford Priors.
The parish is situated almost midway between the towns of Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Redditch. The settlements are situated in open farmland where the main crops are vegetables, in particular asparagus and salad onions.
There are several Grade II listed buildings located mainly in the conservation area along Evesham Road and Station Road in Salford Priors. There are others in the parish at Pitchill, Dunnington Farmhouse, Wood Bevington Manor and Cock Bevington Farm House. St Matthew's Church in Salford Priors, originally Anglo Saxon, and Salford Hall in Abbots Salford, once a Jacobean nunnery, now a hotel and conference centre, are both Grade I listed buildings.
The parish comprises about 600 properties housing, some 1,240 adult residents and about 270 children. Many families have lived in the parish for several generations.
For visitors, in addition to the Church and listed buildings, a major attraction is the network of footpaths which traverse the parish and enable walkers to really 'get away from it all'! The Parish Council publishes a booklet showing the paths and this can be obtainabed on request from the Clerk.
What's New on this Website
- 27/09/14: TOPS - additional information and photos of The Other Place.
- 17/09/14: Events - Jumble Sale in aid of Salford Priors Youth Club.
- 17/09/14: Events - get-together and reunion of the 'Photos and Memories of Salford Priors' group.
- 17/09/14: Local Groups - 'Photos and Memories of Days Past in Salford Priors' Facebook group.
- 14/09/14: Events - Parish Council Meeting including latest plans for Orchard Close.
- 14/09/14: Events - World's Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 14/09/14: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting on 17 September 2014.
- 02/09/14: Notice - resignation of the Clerk to Salford Priors Parish Council.
- 26/08/14: Notice - first parish Christmas Tree has been chosen.
- 26/08/14: Neighbourhood Plan - the vision for the parish by 2031.
- 23/08/14: Newsletters - August's Parish Council Newsletter.
- 23/08/14: Notice - two private firework displays at Ragley Hall during August.
- 23/08/14: Agenda - for the Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting on 28 August 2014.
- 21/08/14: Events - planning presentation on the proposed development of Orchard Farm.
- Previous updates
This website was last updated on 27 September, 2014