Welcome to Salford Priors. We are situated in the south west corner of the county of Warwickshire in England, almost as far from the coast as you can get.
The parish comprises seven main settlements: Abbot's Salford, The Bevingtons, Dunnington, Iron Cross, Pitchill, Rushford and Salford Priors. The largest of these settlements is Salford Priors.
The parish is situated almost midway between the towns of Evesham, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Redditch. The settlements are situated in open farmland where the main crops are vegetables, in particular asparagus and salad onions.
There are several Grade II listed buildings located mainly in the conservation area along Evesham Road and Station Road in Salford Priors. There are others in the parish at Pitchill, Dunnington Farmhouse, Wood Bevington Manor and Cock Bevington Farm House. St Matthew's Church in Salford Priors, originally Anglo Saxon, and Salford Hall in Abbots Salford, once a Jacobean nunnery, now a hotel and conference centre, are both Grade I listed buildings.
The parish comprises about 600 properties housing, some 1,240 adult residents and about 270 children. Many families have lived in the parish for several generations.
For visitors, in addition to the Church and listed buildings, a major attraction is the network of footpaths which traverse the parish and enable walkers to really 'get away from it all'! The Parish Council publishes a booklet showing the paths and this can be obtainabed on request from the Clerk.
What's New on this Website
- 16/11/13: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting on 20 November 2013.
- 16/11/13: Councillors - updated contact informtion for Parish and District Councillors.
- 16/11/13: Events - Neighbourhood Planning Meeting.
- 16/11/13: Events - SPATS production of 'Third Week in August'.
- 10/11/13: Notice - urging people to check their heating oil tanks before winter sets in.
- 08/11/13: Events - Web Wise launch and volunteer appeal at Bidford Library.
- 08/11/13: Notice - information about Small Business Saturday UK.
- 04/11/13: Local Groups - change of contact details for St John Ambulance.
- 31/10/13: Notice - details of the Warwickshire Community Oil/LPG Syndicate.
- 30/10/13: Local Groups - details of the Perkins Educational Foundation.
- 26/10/13: Agenda - for the Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting on 30 October 2013.
- 20/10/13: Events - Parish Council Extraordinary Meeting re: Tothall Lane Planning Application.
- 19/10/13: Minutes - from September's Parish Council meeting.
- 19/10/13: Notice - details of the Warm Home Discount Scheme (help with fuel bills).
- 12/10/13: Agenda - for the Parish Council Meeting on 16 October 2013.
- 12/10/13: Local Businesses - details of Ultimate Fireworks Ltd.
- Previous updates
This website was last updated on 16 November, 2013